Want to join the American Journal Health Behavior Review Board?
The journal is always seeking conscientious reviewers and extends an invitation to health behavior researchers to join the Review Board of the Am J Health Behav. Your responsibilities as a Review Board member are listed below.
Note: We believe the best reviewers are persons who have published themselves. Ideally, we prefer persons who have published at least 8 manuscripts and hold a doctoral degree; however, will consider persons holding less than a doctoral degree if they have sufficient publications.
- Serve a 3-year term, which may result in a re-appointment. Moreover, should you choose to withdraw/resign, you may do so at any time before your appointment is completed.
- Review no more than TWO manuscripts per 12-month period. It is expected that manuscripts will be reviewed and returned within 15 days. Should a reviewer repeatedly submit late reviews or fail to return reviews, he/she will be removed from the Review Board.
- Contact your university/employer library to subscribe to the Am J Health Behav.
- If you Reject a manuscript, we need specific reasons for your rejection for your comments will be forwarded to the author(s). Please stay away from personally attacking the individual(s).
- If you are unable to review your manuscript within 14 days, decline the review so that we may forward the manuscript without further delay to another reviewer.
- It is Journal policy that author(s) submitting manuscripts will be notified quickly of the status of manuscripts. In addition to being known as a quality journal, the journal wishes to be known as a responsive journal.
- We hope that you occasionally select the journal as a publication outlet for your better manuscripts.
If you agree to the aforementioned conditions, please click here to complete and submit an application.
Points Of Interest
- The journal is entering its 5th decade of publication with subscribers in 21 foreign countries and all 50 states.
- The the acceptance rate 20-22%.
- If selected as a reviewer, your name would appear at the web site in the Review Board.
- When vacancies become available on the Editorial Board, we select persons from the Review Board who have distinguished themselves as reliable.