Philosophy of the Journal
The Am J Health Behav seeks to improve the quality of life through multidisciplinary health efforts in fostering a better understanding of the multidimensional nature of both individuals and social systems as they relate to health behaviors.
To provide a comprehensive understanding of the impact of personal attributes, personality characteristics, behavior patterns, social structure, and processes on health maintenance, health restoration, and health improvement to disseminate knowledge of holistic, multidisciplinary approaches to designing and implementing effective health programs, and to showcase health behavior analysis skills that have been proven to affect health improvement and recovery.
Getting The Most from the Journal
- Access to Full Text (1999 TO DATE): The abstracts and full text of all journal articles, from 1999 (volume 23) onwards, are available online to view and download. Abstracts may be freely accessed by everyone. Articles are available for download by users and institutions with a current subscription or can be purchased individually.
- Register with our publishing partner Ingenta Connect to subscribe to new Journal alerts
- Subscribe to the American Journal of Health Behavior as an individual or institution
- Setup Journal for Individual or Institutional access
- Find out about becoming an author or reviewer
- Any Questions? Review our Frequently Asked Questions or Contact Us
Following are a list of articles on the latest edition of the Journal
Volume 41, Number 2, March 2017
- Exposures Associated with Minority High Schoolers’ Predisposition for Health Science
- Ethno-cultural Preferences in Receipt of Heart Health Information
- Assessing the Network of Agencies in Local Communities that Promote Healthy Eating and Lifestyles among Populations with Limited Resources
- Patterns of ‘Abnormal’ Illness Behavior among Healthy Individuals
- The Theory of Planned Behavior as a Predictor of HIV Testing Intention
- A Cash-back Rebate Program for Healthy Food Purchases in South Africa: Selection and Program Effects in Self-reported Diet Patterns
- South Korean Adolescents’ Intention to Smoke
- Diet and Physical Activity in African-American Girls: Seasonal Differences
- Sport Participation and Academic Achievement: A Longitudinal Study
- Personal and Environmental Resources Mediate the Positivity-Emotional Dysfunction Relationship
- A Content Analysis of Unique Selling Propositions of Tobacco Print Ads
- Hepatitis B Screening & Vaccination Behaviors in a Community-based Sample of Chinese & Korean Americans in New York City
- Health Literacy among Iranian High School Students
Most recent editions of the Journal
- Number 6, November 2016
- Number 5, September 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 4, July 2016 (Partial Open Access)
- Number 3, May 2016
- Number 2, March 2016
- Number 1, January 2016 (Partial Open Access)
Health Behavior on PubMed
Latest articles published from PubMed on “Health Behavior” from selective articles from both the American Journal of Health Behavior and other journals. To view all articles click here.
Health Behavior In The News
News articles on the subject of “Health Behavior” sourced by Google News.
- Moving on up: Palm Beach County now the 8th healthiest in Fla.Palm Beach County got good grades in the category of “health behavior” be it smoking tobacco or drinking excessively, ranking third among Florida's ...
- Moving on up: Palm Beach County now the 8th healthiest in the stateWe got good numbers in the category of “health behavior” be it smoking tobacco or drinking excessively, ranking third among all Florida's 67 counties.
- Report compares the healthiest Iowa countiesCEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG-TV9) -- A report released on Wednesday morning shows how Iowa's counties compare when it comes to health.
- How does Maricopa County rank for health?Factors evaluated include health behavior, clinical care, social and economic factors and physical environment. “We try to include health factors that ...
- Study Examines Factors of Inmate Relationships During Incarceration and STI/HIV Prevention... Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; 4 Department of Health Behavior, Gillings School of Global ...
- Hawaii County health needs revealedThe county appears to do well in terms of health behavior — people actually exercise here, despite their lack of access to exercise options, sometimes ...